With proper care, your Shirtabulous tee will last a loooong time. As a matter of fact, even though we stock the best products at the most affordable prices possible, we've actually had shirts and bags wear out and be outgrown before any of our designs faded, peeled or cracked! Wow! To make your garment live a long, happy life, use the following washing guidelines:
For regular tee shirts- (Those without rhinestone accents)
- Always wash with like colors.
- Use detergent without bleach- even the most "gentle" bleach-infused detergents will break down designs on any
- It is best to skip the dryer. If you need to machine dry it, do so on low heat in the gentle cycle. Always dry it inside-out, with the design on the inside to help it from getting "beat up in the machine.
- Since your tee is created using heat, gentle ironing will not hurt your design. In fact, an occassional iron can do your design some good! It will not only keep it fresh looking, but if your shirt gets excessive wash and wear, it will continue to give your shirt a neat look. Using medium heat, gently put the iron onto your design, pick up and repeat. Do not rub or push it.
For tees with rhinestone accents
- Use the same methods as above.
- We recommend that you skip the dryer altogether. Although we've tested our rhinestone designs in the dryer and have yet to lose a stone, we were still very careful with the garments. We use only lead-free high quality Korean cut rhinestones and the recommendation from the manufacture suggests that you not dry them.
For other, non-wearable, Shirtabulous gear
- As with any non-wearable item, follow the regular manufacture's directions for care of the item. Most of the time this includes spot treatment of a stain with a damp cloth.
For machine embroidered Shirtabulous gear
- Embroidered items are cleaned using the same instructions as the fabric they are sewn on - follow the instructions on the garment or other item.